As the global specialist in energy management™ with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric™ offers integrated solutions to make energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green for its customers. The Group's 110,000+ employees achieved sales of more than €19.6 billion in 2010, through an active commitment to help individuals and organizations all over the world make the most of their energy.
By 2050, energy demand will double to keep pace with growth throughout the world. Within this same timeline, we should halve carbon gas emissions to avoid the dramatic consequences of climate change.
Schneider Electric is uniquely positioned to address today’s energy challenges though: energy efficiency, smart grid, a global approach.
The world’s traditional electrical network – simple and linear, with centralized reduction and passive consumption – is undergoing a transformation to a much more complex, interconnected and interactive model – the Smart Grid.
- Renewable energy allows consumers to generate their own energy.
- Flexible distribution enables a more responsive electrical network.
- Active energy efficiency allows individuals to act on their consumption.
- Electric vehicles are revolutionizing the perception of mobility, access to energy, its use and storage.
- Real time grid management enables anticipation and adaptation of consumption.
Schneider Electric has the foresight, the offers and the willpower to be a major player as we enter this new era of energy management.
We are already making a difference in the transportation transformation:
- In 2010, we delivered six universal charging spots for EVs to TOTAL Beligium’s Plug to Drive network.
- We provided 135 intelligent EV chargers to a plug-in hybrid vehicle (PHV) trial conducted by Toyota® and Electricite de France.
- Schneider Electric built the charging infrastructure and related energy management mechanisms for an experimental EV project in Yvesline, France run by the Renault-Nissan® Alliance and EDF.